So you have made the decision to invest in yourself by learning ballroom and social dancing… so what is the next step you may ask?
Private lessons are booked directly with Ballroom Bliss by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 508-760-4071. We are able to rent studio space at various dance studios across Cape Cod for your convenience, or we can come to you and teach in the comfort of your own home if space allows.
Check out our packages page for details on the various discounted packages that we offer.
Please check the calendar page for up-to-date group classes. We normally have a Tuesday night class at 7pm at The Cultural Center of Cape Cod (except during July and August.) You can make online class reservations by following this link for the group classes at the Cultural Center. If you are taking the group class, you must make your reservation for the classes through the venue it is being taught at.
We require a 24 hour notice for private lesson cancellations. All group classes are non-refundable. If you miss a class there will not be a discount, refund or make-up class (unless it is due to weather or unforeseen circumstances and at the discretion of the instructor). We will make every effort to try to accommodate your requests.
- Q. How do I dress?
- A. Dress comfortable in non-restrictive clothing.
- Q. What kind of shoes do I need? Do I have to purchase ballroom dance shoes?
- A. No. You don't need to invest in ballroom dance shoes unless you are making a commitment to learning and want better control of the floor (ballroom dance shoes have suede bottoms that give you better stability while controlling the friction on the floor). A good comfortable harder sole shoe will work fine, if you normally dance in heels, then bring heels. Rubber soled shoes are ok to wear but you may find it difficult to move across the dance floor. PLEASE NO FLIP FLOPS.
- Q. Do I need a partner to take a group class?
- A. No. While we can't guarantee a supply of partners, there will be a instructor there you can dance with and will dance with you until they feel you have a grasp of the patterns and technique before moving on to assist others in the class.
- Please show up a few minutes before class (classes start promptly on time) and sign in.
- We encourage you to ask questions if you don't feel comfortable, or don't understand the patterns or technique.
- Feel free to ask for a video review at the end of class so you have a visual reference to practice to during the week and yes, practice makes perfect and is expected.
- Practice, Practice, Practice. Please practice as this helps to build muscle memory and the class can move forward with new steps each week. We can only teach as fast as the slowest student in class. The more you practice, the more dance steps you will learn in group class.
- Have fun! Don't stress over the dancing, you will master each step given time and practice. We can teach anyone to dance that has the desire to learn. We promise, you will come to use dance as a stress relief activity because it demands your attention and you forget the stress and worries of the day.